Pork is delicious, pork is very delicious when it's cooked low and slow. The smell should stick to the insides of your nostrils as the sweet brown sugar and spices waffles from your grill into your house. Pulled pork BBQ tacos with homemade salsa, cucumber salad and spicy black beans. As a snack, I also made jalapeno corn bread muffin pork sandwiches. Sorry, if there's a few different pieces to this entry, I was hungry.
Slow roasted pork butt:
- Pork butt (or pork shoulder)
- Dry rub (brown sugar, garlic powder, black pepper, red pepper flakes, paprika, onion salt, parsley flakes, chili powder, mustard powder) ... proportions to preference - about 2tbsp each except brown sugar, use 4tbsp.
First on the menu my jalapeno corn bread pork snackers:
- Cornbread (1c cornmeal, 1/2c flour, 1tbsp sugar, 1tsp baking powder, 1tsp baking soda, 1 tsp salt, 2 eggs, 1c buttermilk, a couple of finely chopped jalapeno's/habanero's)
- Bake at 400 degree for 12-15 mins, until golden brown, let cool
- Slice in half, top with pulled pork (place hunk of pork in a bowl, add in a heaping tablespoon of BBQ sauce, pull)
For my dish, I decided to combine my enjoyment of BBQ foods and mexican foods ...
For homemade salsa, use a 3-2-1 recipe:
- 3-parts tomatoes, 2-parts jalapenos, 1-part onion, +cilantro, +pinch of salt
- I actually use about 10-12 roma tomatoes, 6-8 jalapeños + 1 habanero, 1/2 bunch of cilantro, half a large yellow/vidalia onion, salt, small squeeze of lime
- Put through mini-chopper, combine
- Eat (with chips if you like).
- 1/2 Finely chopped onion
- 1 finely chopped jalapeno
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- black pepper
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 can black beans
- Sautee first (5) ingredients, add in beans and water, simmer on low until most of water has evaporated
- Thinly sliced cucumber
- Thinly sliced daikon radish
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup white vinegar
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 habanero's
- 2 jalapeno's
- 1 big mason jar
- Bring water to boil, add in vinegar and sugar, turn off heat and allow sugar to dissolve
- Put sliced cucumbers and radish into jar in addition to rough slices jalapeno and habanero along with a few peppercorns, pour vinegar mixture into jar
- Place in fridge for 5 days.